A few months ago, I bought an earpiece of the brand TDK, discounted @400 baht. The sound is good but I don't know whether it worth THB400. Anyway, last week I went to Pantip and saw an earpiece of the price THB69. Obviously I grabbed it and the result is that it is damn terrible. Seems like the TDK is a good deal for me.
The funniest point is that I was not satisfied with the TDK until I bought that THB69. Human, imperfect...
I haven't write any paper since about last 6 months. That covers the period when I changed my PC. That's a good time to update my MikTeX installation. Now, with MikTeX 2.7 in hand, I can review again the process of installing Thai language support.
-- side note -- You can look at my detailed previous entry here. There contains the information to install Thai language in MikTeX 2.6 and 2.5. The process is very similar to that of 2.7 -- end side note --
I feel very shameful to admit that, for past several months, I left my server being wide open. She didn't receive any protection from any local firewall. Of course, the IT depts. of my university and my faculty have done great jobs in implementing the firewall. These protect me from outside threat but my server still sit idly feeling clueless of any person who has a chance to plug into university network. That's why I was trying to enable firewall on my server.
I searched for any link leading back to my site and found out that there are several pages that point to http://www.nattee.net/taxonomy/term/21, which is used to be my old LaTeX tag. But, since my last HDD crash, I have to re-config drupal and that tag is no longer valid. I created this page as a place holder for http://www.nattee.net/taxonomy/term/21.
Just tried the new Fedora 10 on my PC. The problem is that I want to export all my NTFS drives on F10 via Samba, so that any machine can still access my file even though I am not on Windows. NTFS-3G works quite well and setting up Samba is no longer a problem. Of course, firewall must be adjusted to allow samba protocol. Firestarter is a nice application for the simple thing such as allowing a specific port, a feat that actually requires several rules in iptables config to efficiently permit the protocol.
Recently, I have got several spams at approx. 1,000 per day. I am clueless how do they appear on my site. I've used reCAPTCHA, I've used mollom, I've used blockanonymouslink, but the spam still coming through.
I posted my slides on my web as a pptx file a few weeks ago. Suddenly after that, students gave some comment that when they downloaded the file, the file came as .zip. Even though the file on the server is not zipped and is name exactly as .pptx. Of course, I have tested my upload, but only on Firefox, which definitely has no problem. From the student comment, I tried it on IE and managed to duplicate the error. My first thought is that it must be something about the MIME type. The problem is I don't know the correct mime type of the pptx file.
Anybody could notice that there are at least two urls that direct to this page. Originally, I registered for http://www.nattee.net/ and http://our.obor.us/. Both works well thanks to Drupal site configuration method. Drupal use name based resolution. All I have to do is to edit the
setting.php to point to the same database for both of the name. Users can access my site using any of these urls and drupal simply direct it to the same place (because all information is stored in the database).