I had watched Super Size Me, the 2004 Oscar-nominated documentary film and March of the Penguins, the 2005 Oscar documentary. Both are good. However, today, I watched An Inconvenient Truth. Even though it does not awarded yet (right now it is nominated for 2006 Oscar), I like it more than the previous two.
The film features Al Gore giving a presentation about Global Warming. The presentation is very professional, (well, for Mac-fanatic, he uses Keynote) however, the best part lies in the content. The film presents very interesting fact about global warming, saying that it is happen, it is serious, and many key contributors of the problem still refuse to rectify the problem. Gore illustrates the serious of the problem and giving out three important misconceptions, and saying that the correct conclusion are
- Scientists have reports unanimous consensus that Global Warming is really a problem.
- Solving the problem is not the same as destroying the economy.
- We still be able to solve the problem.
- Scientific reports have been altered by a small group of people whose earning are based on old technologies that cause global warming.
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
- Ozone problem is about to be fixed!!! The ozone hole is recovering because a big drop in ozone-threatening chemical which is a result from worldwide agreement.
Well, I cannot write up all the detail but what I want to say is that the film is strongly recommended for everybody. Try it.