I went to Singapore last week trying to sell my software and getting user requirement. Have not much time walking around but these are a few fact I discovered myself.
- Singapore has ข้าวมันไก่ + ขาหมู and people there think that it is their local food.
- ก๋วยเตี๋ยว is called Kyaw Teaw (well, understandable since the word is chinese) but เส้นใหญ่ is called Hor Fun.
- MRT in Singapore says "Please mind the platform gap". Comparing to Thailand version, "Please mind the gap between train and platform", it seems like Thai people need to be told where the gap is actually is.
- Traveling anywhere taking more than half an hour is considered very very far by most Taxi.
- A 7-11 girl at the register did not ask whether I need dim sum or dumpling when I bought a bottle of soft drink.
- Taxi can bid for a job which is posted to the in-car monitor by the calling center. They don't have GPS, though, but I think they don't need it.
- It really takes only 15 minutes from the plane to a taxi at Changi Airpot. For Suwannabhumi, It takes more than an hour. This might be biased, since I went back to Suwannabhumi on Friday Night, while I arrived at Changi on Wed Noon.
- People here drive very safe, Taxi is faster but still safe comparing to Thai taxi.
Well, that is all.
- Log in to post comments
Oh yes, I forgot to mention