In our faculty, there is an informal discussion regarding faculty on every last Friday of the month. The dean put much priority on this talk such that he will join every time his schedule allows him so. For this particular month, he officially call every relatively new faculty to join a seminar trip. (FYI, relatively new is anyone who joins the faculty less than 10 years ago.) The trip was good, in both official aspect and recreational aspect. Several interesting topics were discussed in the seminar also many topics of useful information are shared. Amongst them, I would like to list some trivial.
- In the last year, there are 157 of our freshmen got "F" from Physics and another 88 had withdrawn.
- We have 185 freshmen on probation (less than 2.00 GPAX).
- The faculty has default templates for both MS Office and OpenOffice.org. We are encourage to use them for every conference. You can download it here.
- The web of the faculty is now Drupal based.
- 1/3 of our budget for this fiscal year comes from the government, the rest is from our direct income (tuition fee, mostly). The total budget is about 750 mb.